In order to qualify for assistance from Roots for Boots 501c3 you must:
- Be a member (past or present) of the United States Military or a military family per the definition provided below:
Roots for Boots 501c3 considers a military family immediate family members related by blood, marriage, or adoption to a current member or veteran of the United States Armed forces (including one who is deceased) who was discharged or released under honorable conditions. Source – nationalservice.gov
Please note: In cases of divorce – it is only the service person who receives assistance.
- If a veteran, character of service must be stated as Honorable on DD214 (Under “General” or “Other Than Honorable” conditions will require a meeting with a Veteran Service Officer prior to consideration of receiving assistance from Roots for Boots). Assistance will not be provided for “Dishonorable” service conditions
- Be located within the Roots for Boots area of operation (predominantly the York/Adams area of Pennsylvania)
- Provide a letter stating the hardship and any assistance given by other organizations within a year
- Provide a quote or invoice listing the amount needed for assistance
Financial documents may be required depending upon the request. Decisions are based on the need of the service person as well as the length and description of the service. Assistance may be denied to the service person for any reason at the discretion of Roots for Boots leadership and/or its Board.